Spiced Pumpkin & Walnut Bread
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup real Vermont maple syrup
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, plus a little for the pan
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin (fresh or canned)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups white spelt flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 cup walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Whisk together the ginger, eggs, water, maple syrup, agave, oil, pumpkin and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
3. Sift in the flours, baking soda, salt, and spices. Stir together and fold in the walnuts.
4. Lightly grease a 9” x 5” x 3” glass loaf pan.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
6. Bake the bread until browned and a wooden skewer doesn’t have any batter stuck to it when you test it (about an hour and 10 minutes).